***Pre-bookings and online ticket sales have closed for planning reasons, however gates sales will be available for festival and Sunday breakfast tickets. Friday BBQ ticket sales are closed, no gate sales. ***
Gate ticket prices
Weekend $97.75 (general), $34.50 (youth)
Friday $34.50 (general), $11.50 (youth)
Saturday $80.50 (general), $28.75 (youth)
Sunday $57.50 (general), $23.00 (youth)
Online ticket sales closeFriday, 25 January 2019 at midnight. This is also your last chance to buy tickets for the Friday Welcome BBQ.
When you arrive at Kiwigrass you will be able to buy tickets to the Sunday Breakfast ($10) and Kiwigrass merchandise including stainless steel, double walled, vacuum insulated hot and cold drink bottles ($30), calico tote bags ($10) and high-quality t-shirts ($30). And don’t forget our amazing raffle! Your $5 ticket gets 5 draws! First prize is a custom made Kiwigrass-branded van der Gaag mandolin. Second is a Paul Trenwith wood practice banjo. Third is a guitar strap and tuner from Keith Macmillan stringed instruments and there will be two fourth place draws for calendar/CD sets from Banjo Babes. We will be able to accept cash and EFTPOS at both venues.
Aside from your usual camping gear and comfort items (if you’re staying at Narrows), there are some other things we thought we’d encourage you to bring with you to Kiwigrass.
- The basics: Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen. It’s summer!
- A raincoat and warm clothes for the evenings. It’s New Zealand!
- A chair. All our venues have chairs, but it’s always good to have one for the campground jam sessions.
- Swim togs and a towel. There’s a pool! NB: children under 18 may not use the pool without supervision of a responsible adult.
- Plates and cutlery. Even if you aren’t cooking/preparing your own food at Narrows, you can help us meet our sustainability and waste reduction ambitions by bringing your own plates, cups, drink bottles, and cutlery. Just let the food truck operators know you’ve brought your own container when you order your food or beverages. There are kitchens available for washing up after your meals.
- Camp stoves/cooking gear. If you are camping, don’t rely on being able to cook all your meals in the camp kitchens. They are small and bound to get crowded. Be prepared to cook at your camp.
- Money! There will be great food and beverages on site. Also, a delightful selection of Kiwigrass schwag to take home as evidence you were there, at the VERY FIRST KIWIGRASS.
Things you won’t need: Printed tickets! Bring your booking number(s) and some form of ID with your name on it and we will have a packet for you at the door.
You can pick up your packet at Tamahere Hall on Friday, or from the Ticket and Merchandise table at Narrows Park, which will be located near the main concert hall.
We have a program! You can now find your favourite bands and plan your weekend viewing.
There are three main concerts featuring our 2019 headline acts and these promise to make memories for everyone. The Welcome concert on Friday night at Tamahere Hall doubles as an album release party for the Lonely Heartstring Band as they release their new album, Smoke and Ashes, supported by great bluegrass bands from Australia and New Zealand.
The Saturday night showcase concert again features headline acts from the USA, Australia, and NZ, including the family band RhodeWorks who have been rapidly gathering fans on both sides of the Tasman.
The Farewell concert on Sunday is our last opportunity to enjoy and celebrate with our wonderful lineup of bluegrass bands for Kiwigrass 2019.
Also running over the weekend are Blackboard Concerts and walk-up stages where you will hear a variety of performers. Saturday morning is for workshops, while Sunday morning is for Paul Trenwith’s birthday breakfast and a whole lot of Gospel!
Invisible, but built into our program, is time for you to just hang out and jam with friends both new and old, sharing the love of bluegrass music. We’re so excited. We hope you are too, and we look forward to having a pick with all of you!
Mr. Paul Trenwith will be celebrating his birthday on Sunday, 3 February. Join him at 8:30am in Bill’s Concert Hall for a full hot breakfast served up by the Narrows catering crew, followed at 9am with a concert featuring Paul and all his bluegrass friends and family. You’ll enjoy performances by the Hamilton County Bluegrass Band, The Trenwiths, Molly G and others!
Booking in for breakfast is absolutely necessary. Tickets are only $10, and you can purchase tickets from the Kiwigrass Crew at the festival on Friday and Saturday.
You do not need to purchase breakfast to enjoy this special concert. Feel free to BYO. All welcome!
All camping is governed by the Mighty River Domain rules. If you want quiet camping, request the “upper” campground, and we’ll do our best to make sure the rowdy pickers are all in the “lower” campground.